If you own a business, want to protect your wealth, or determine how much an asset is worth, you will at some point need professional valuation services. The Mangold Group, CPAs has qualified credentialed valuation experts with a breadth of valuation experience.
We have a sophisticated understanding of accounting, taxation, financial statement analysis, and business operations in many different industries with proven competence in valuation. We provide expertise to determine the best methodology to fulfill the purpose and provide the documentation to withstand any challenges by the IRS or other parties.
The Mangold Group works with wealth advisors, other CPAs, and attorneys specializing in estate planning, civil litigation, and family law to provide a team approach in order to achieve the client’s objectives. Our valuations are guided by sound theory and appropriate rulings and comply with professional standards governed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Our team of professionals has the skills and experience to provide our clients with valuation services for variety of purposes, such as:
- Planning for a business sale, merger, acquisition, or stock offering
- Obtaining financing from a lender for the purchase of a business
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Creating a succession plan
- Cashing out a business for retirement
- Marriage dissolution – In the case of a divorce, tracing, analysis of income tax issues, property interest valuations and distributions, as well as valuations of closely held businesses may be needed.
- Litigation consulting & dispute resolutions – The valuation encompasses the preparation of business damages calculations and the valuation of a shareholder’s business interest.
- Filing insurance claims
- Executive compensation
- Shareholder / Corporate planning
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) ESOPs, allowed by the Internal Revenue Code, are retirement plans to which the company contributes its stock for the benefit of the company employees. ESOPs are required to be valued at least annually. Additionally, ESOP valuations are performed for shareholder liquidity, estate planning, management succession planning, employee motivation, privatization, and acquisitions.
- Financial reporting – tax and financial planning
The credentialed valuation experts with their valuation credentials are as follows. View complete bios here
Thomas Mangold, CPA / ABV / CITP
President of The Mangold Group, CPAs, PC, holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Credential by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The ABV Credential, established in 1998 by the AICPA, is granted to qualified CPAs who pass a rigorous exam and possess considerable professional experience in business valuation and broad knowledge of accounting, finance, economics, and general business principles. The ABV Credential is granted exclusively to CPAs who have demonstrated an expertise in the complexities of business valuation and are members in good standing of the AICPA which binds them to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
Jeffrey J. Ersig, CPA / CFF, CVA
Senior Manager at The Mangold Group, CPAs, PC, holds the Certified Valuation Analyst designation (CVA) awarded to CPAs by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) awarded by the AICPA, and the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) awarded by the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts. Jeff is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Prior to joining The Mangold Group, Jeff worked for an accounting practice in California that focused exclusively on family law services. During his six and one-half year tenure there, Jeff had performed experience in business valuations, forensic accounting, tracings, determining income available for support, apportionment issues and other related services in a family law setting.